• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mutant Snow Peas?

CantCookStillTry

Help please! Grabbed some 'snow peas' at the market, and it is my task to turn them into something tonight. I searched the web for inspiration as they're not something I have cooked before, including a search of EG... this has caused me to discover that what I have seem to be at least twice the size of the ones you guys all cook :S. Mine are all around 10/12 cm in size and not the cute little pods I found looking at pictures in the "dinner" threads of yesteryear.  I'm assuming they'll still be good to stir fry? Or should I try another method... I don't want to end end up with pea bullets in green leather! 

They don't sound that oversized to me, but test them. Take a couple and fry them briefly, then taste. If they are fine (which they probably will be), then stir fry the lot.

My favourite way to use them, for what it's worth, is to stir fry them with squid - a very common Chinese dish.

• Like 2

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot"
Mark Twain

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto