• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

6 hours ago, Eat.Choui said:

I used a recipe from Sweet Confections by Nina Wanot, which uses regular cornstarch. I cannot tell when I was done stirring.  So far, they have been undercooked, I think.  They were really soft and did not hold shape.  I would like to try the recipe with thin boiling starch, but it is hard to source.

Let me see if I can get my hands on some thin boiling starch when I'm at the PMCA in April. I know I have some in the house somewhere but it's sometimes a challenge to get my hands on things.

Can you PM me the recipe you have by Nina Wanot?

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

6 hours ago, Eat.Choui said:

I used a recipe from Sweet Confections by Nina Wanot, which uses regular cornstarch. I cannot tell when I was done stirring.  So far, they have been undercooked, I think.  They were really soft and did not hold shape.  I would like to try the recipe with thin boiling starch, but it is hard to source.

Let me see if I can get my hands on some thin boiling starch when I'm at the PMCA in April. I know I have some in the house somewhere but it's sometimes a challenge to get my hands on things.