• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

BarinaCraft

Eclipse Cocktails

The first coast-to-coast total solar eclipse to travel across the continental United States in 99 years is definitely cause for celebration. We added some backlighting to a 1930s classic cocktail to try to truly achieve the look of a total solar eclipse in a glass. Here's a link to the drink and some fun facts about the celestial event happening on August 21, 2017.

eclipse-cocktail-with-olive.jpg.c8b1d9f88f4b816f54b26d15d016b80c.jpg

Does anyone else have any eclipse party ideas?

• Like 1

Tri2Cook   

We're not getting enough of it where I live for me to get excited about it. They're saying maybe 10% for this area. Not worth a party to me... not even sure I'll walk outside (I'll be at work) to take a look.

I will be in the 90% or so zone in Atlanta or so I hear and as I will be at a liquor and beer show that afternoon I will definitely be drinking! Might even find time to go out and look for a moment or two. In the early 80s a total eclipse zone essentially went right over my house near Atlanta so I have "been there, done that" and have no great desire to join the throngs predicted to gather for this one. So that's my excuse for a somewhat limited level of interest!

Plus did I mention I will be drinking that afternoon? For free??? :D

• Like 2