• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cakewalk

cakewalk

Additional stuff.

I remember a product called Beef Fry, which was basically bacon for the kosher crowd. :D I ate it once, a lifetime ago, and I remember thinking it was quite awful, although I don't remember why. Probably has more to do the particular product and cooking method than with "beef bacon" in general, which I have no doubt can be great, because why not? I also look forward to following this. 

When I entered "beef fry" into Google many (very many) hits came back with "Kerala style beef fry," which seems to be a big thing. So perhaps @Kerala can weigh in on that?

cakewalk

cakewalk

I remember a product called Beef Fry, which was basically bacon for the kosher crowd. :D I ate it once, a lifetime ago, and I remember thinking it was quite awful, although I don't remember why. Probably has more to do the particular product and cooking method than with "beef bacon" in general, which I have no doubt can be great, because why not? I also look forward to following this.