• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Understood.    I think Duvel catapulted the thread into premium classes and, dare I say, carriers.    Many American carriers have given up on food service while touting it on their sites.    I was floored at dinner service in first class (bumped up) one transcontinental flight.   The sloppily attired attendant sloshed DH's main course sauce all over the plate and tray.    Her only comment was "Eats the same."      Doubtless this has become a family retort for anytime there is a serving mishap at home.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Understood.    I think Duvel catapulted the thread into premium classes and, dare I say, carriers.    Many American carriers have given up on food service while touting it on their sites.    I was floored at dinner service in first class (bumped up) one transcontinental flight.   The sloppily attired attendant sloshed DH's main course sauce all over the plate and tray.    Her only comment was "Eats the same."      Doubtless this has become a family retort for anytime there is a serving mishap.