• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

Thank you guys! I cannot say enough good things about all the great and supportive persons I’ve met on Egullet. You really helped so much! 

I am happy about starting this business, what I’ve accomplished, the exerience gained and all. 

@pastrygirl I guess the scaling issue is different depending from the product. For myself, making cakes, the only way I can see is trying to extend the shelf life of the cakes, if I want to keep it wholesale. Otherwise just open a front store...

@blue_dolphin I think it will be easier for me to think about the possibility of having a Dolci di Franci in Miami after some time there. I don’t know the place and I’d need a little time to get comfortable, look around, meet locals...

@Anna N I particularly want to thank you and Kerry for the great support! Definitely I’m playing with the idea of selling the salami online...it doesn’t require a big kitchen...so maybe if I encounter a good marketing person. Don’t know. For now I confess that I am looking for a break, organize my move, settle in, a good vacation in the summer and then we’ll see. 

Franci

Franci

Thank you guys! I cannot say enough good things about all the great and supportive persons I’ve met on Egullet. You really helped so much! 

I am happy about starting this business, what I’ve accomplished, the exerience gained and all. 

@pastrygirl I guess the scaling issue is differente depending from the product. For myself, making cakes, the only way I can see is trying to extend the shelf life of the cakes, if I want to keep it wholesale. Otherwise just open a front store...

@blue_dolphin I think it will be easier for me to think about the possibility of having a Dolci di Franci in Miami after some time there. I don’t know the place and I’d need a little time to get comfortable, look around, meet locals...

@Anna N I particularly want to thank you and Kerry for the great support! Definitely I’m playing with the idea of selling the salami online...it doesn’t require a big kitchen...so maybe if I encounter a good marketing person. Don’t know. For now I confess that I am looking for a break, organize my move, settle in, a good vacation in the summer and then we’ll see.