• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Picked these up in the local import store. An expensive impulse purchase. I only went in to price check something else before deciding whether the online deal I had seen was the better price I suspected it to be.

I was, of course, irritated to see this English company, based in Devon, succumbing to the Americanisation. If they are British, they aren't 'chips'! Grrr!

1710218943_burtscrisps.thumb.jpg.3fe19d5cc5c668b58e106aff82ae0a37.jpg

So here are the 'CRISPS'. They were covered in the promised sea salt and peppercorns giving them an odd appearance. The pepper was coarsely ground and tasted fresh - none of that dusty, stale pre-ground flavour that is so common.

However, although the salting was on point, there was far too much pepper. Now, I love pepper, but this was ridiculous. I'm sure many people would have recoiled in horror. Won't be buying them again!

crisps.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Picked these up in the local import store. An expensive impulse purchase. I only went in to price check something else before deciding whether the online deal I had seen was the better price I suspected it to be.

I was, of course, irritated to see this English company, based in Devon, succumbing to the Americanisation. If they are British, they aren't 'chips'! Grrr!

So here are the 'CRISPS'. They were covered in the promised sea salt and peppercorns giving them an odd appearance. The pepper was coarsely ground and tasted fresh - none of that dusty, stale pre-ground flavour that is so common.

However, there was far too much pepper. Now, I love pepper, but this was ridiculous. I'm sure many people would have recoiled in horror. Won't be buying them again!

crisps.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I was, of course, irritated to this English company, based in Devon, succumbing to the Americanisation. If they are British, they aren't 'chips'! Grrr!

However, there was far too much pepper. Now, I love pepper, but this was ridiculous. I'm sure many people would have recoiled in horror. Won't be buying them again!

crisps.jpg