• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IowaDee

IowaDee

I recently had, what an elderly relative would call, a craving flung on me for popcorn.   I knew my microwave had a setting

for it but had never used it.  I followed the instructions and placed the bag in the microwave and hit the button.  My

husband came into the kitchen to see what I was laughing at.  The display on the panel that should have read POPCORN

instead read PO   RN   Only the first two and last two letter were lit.  Maybe it was because I used the brand with extra butter?

It tasted just fine, X-rated or not.

IowaDee

IowaDee

I recently had, what an elderly relative would call, a craving flung on me for popcorn.   I knew my microwave had a setting

for it but had never used it.  I followed the instructions and placed the bag in the microwave and hit the button.  My

husband came into the kitchen to see what I was laughing at.  The display on the panel that should have read POPCORN

instead read PO   RN   On the first two and last two letter were lit.  Maybe it was because I used the brand with extra butter?

It tasted just fine, X-rated or not.