• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

I am decidedly not a baker but I do make baklava. Usual method is a mash-up of Baklava, Baklawa by ChefCrash (clicky) plus another recipe and some improvisation. I like to enhance the syrup with cinnamon or canela, cloves, lemon zest, honey, and maybe some cardamom.

Used pecans for the nut filling, mixed with sugar and rose water.

I used to bring baklava to potlucks at work. We will be seeing some former co-workers on Friday and they specifically requested baklava. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Just out of the oven - we shall see how it tastes in a couple of days.

Baklava_202303-2.thumb.jpg.d86da4d989123baad606ef30b20fc0da.jpg

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

I am decidedly not a baker but I do make baklava. Usual method is a mash-up of Baklava, Baklawa by ChefCrash (clicky) plus another recipe and some improvisation. I like to enhance the syrup with cinnamon or canela, cloves, lemon zest, honey, and maybe some cardamom.

I used to bring baklava to potlucks at work. We will be seeing some former co-workers on Friday and they specifically requested baklava. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Just out of the oven - we shall see how it tastes in a couple of days.

Baklava_202303-2.thumb.jpg.d86da4d989123baad606ef30b20fc0da.jpg