• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

8 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@shain  I haven't had those in years.  Yours look delicious and prompted me to look for my recipe.  Which naturally, I no longer seem to have!  ☹️

Thanks. 

For the batter you need: 

2 eggs

200 ml (1 cup) milk (whole milk. If skim, replace water below with more milk) 

300 ml water 

200 grams flour 

1-2 tsp butter

1/2 tsp salt

1tsp salt 

Blend all together. 

Get a well heated pan, lighlty brushed with fat. Pour just enough batter to cover it, lift and rotate the pan to spread evenly.

You can cook from one side only, then set aside. But I like to flip and fry the second size for a few secs. 

shain

shain

8 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@shain  I haven't had those in years.  Yours look delicious and prompted me to look for my recipe.  Which naturally, I no longer seem to have!  ☹️

Thanks. 

For the batter you need: 

2 eggs

200 ml (1 cup) milk (whole milk. If skim, replace water below with more milk) 

300 ml water 

200 grams flour 

1-2 tsp butter

1/2 tsp salt

1tsp salt 

Get a well heated pan, lighlty brushed with fat. Pour just enough batter to cover it, lift and rotate the pan to spread evenly.

You can cook from one side only, then set aside. But I like to flip and fry the second size for a few secs.