• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

56 minutes ago, teonzo said:

Mulberry season starts next week here, I'm happy, one of my favourites! Do you have the white ones where you live?

Our tree is of the Afghan variety, and it's season comes to an end. There are just a few white mulberry trees around, and a somewhat more of the black type.

There used to be a tree in almost every yard when I was younger - they used to plant them above the chickens cops for shade, back when almost every family had chickens.

Here's one from my tree, with my hand for scale. They are quite long.

IMG_20190509_182806.jpg

shain

shain

46 minutes ago, teonzo said:

Mulberry season starts next week here, I'm happy, one of my favourites! Do you have the white ones where you live?

Our tree is of the Afghan variety, and it's season comes to an end. There are just a few white mulberry trees around, and a somewhat more of the black type.

There used to be a tree in almost every yard when I was younger - they used to plant them above the chickens cops for shade, back when almost every family had chickens.

Here's one from my tree, with my hand for scale. They are quite long.

IMG_20190509_182806.jpg