• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jimb0

jimb0

13 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Does this help?  If only the strawberries made as much profit as the cannabis!   I only mention it because it is part of the same link  

If only the latter was available for $5/12 oz.

8 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Truthfully, I'd never heard of them until I resumed hanging out here in my late 40s.

They're some combination of German and American cookery; I didn't even see them much in the Western part of the states. 

6 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I like sausage gravy, but I don't want to be around you when you're bringing it up.

(...sorry...)

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Joking aside, you might if my biscuits came with. I was vaguely surprised when I got here and McDonalds didn't even have biscuits (let alone sausage gravy like back home). When my sister-in-law was in TN for work, they had her in a hotel for a month with free continental breakfast. She went up and got a bowl of oatmeal only to get back to her table and realize it was a sausage gravy dispenser....

jimb0

jimb0

7 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Does this help?  If only the strawberries made as much profit as the cannabis!   I only mention it because it is part of the same link  

If only the latter was available for $5/12 oz.

2 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Truthfully, I'd never heard of them until I resumed hanging out here in my late 40s.

They're some combination of German and American cookery; I didn't even see them much in the Western part of the states. 

1 minute ago, chromedome said:

I like sausage gravy, but I don't want to be around you when you're bringing it up.

(...sorry...)

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Joking aside, you might if my biscuits came with. I was vaguely shocked when I got here and McDonalds didn't even have biscuits (let alone sausage gravy like back home). When my sister-in-law was in TN for work, they had her in a hotel for a month with free continental breakfast. She walked up to and got a bowl of oatmeal only to get back to her table and realize it was a sausage gravy dispenser....