• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

oli

oli

15 hours ago, RobertM said:

Poppyseed with noodles?  Please, do tell.....

Well, my mom used to make a plate with either poppyseed (Makos teszta) or ground walnuts. This nuts are mixed with sugar and mixed with the cooked noodles. I preferred the walnut version and this was not a side dish or a dessert dish, it was the main dish - can you imagine? 

Hungarian dishes are quite varied and at the same time quite simple, based on the reason people used their imagination on what was readily available namely poatoes, poppies, eggs, flour, sour cream, chicken, paprika, and pork.

oli

oli

Well, my mom used to make a plate with either poppyseed (Makos teszta) or ground walnuts. This nuts are mixed with sugar and mixed with the cooked noodles. I preferred the walnut version and this was not a side dish or a dessert dish, it was the main dish - can you imagine? 

Hungarian dishes are quite varied and at the same time quite simple, based on the reason people used their imagination on what was readily available namely poatoes, poppies, eggs, flour sour cream, chicken, paprika, and pork.

oli

oli

Well, my mom used to make a plate with either poppyseed or ground walnuts. This nuts are mixed with sugar and mixed with the cooked noodles. I preferred the walnut version and this was not a side dish or a dessert dish, it was the main dish - can you imagine? 

Hungarian dishes are quite varied and at the same time quite simple, based on the reason people used their imagination on what was readily available namely poatoes, poppies, eggs, flour sour cream, chicken, paprika, and pork.

oli

oli

Well, my mom used to make a plate with either poppyseed or ground walnuts. This nuts are mixed with sugar and mixed with the cooked noodles. I preferred the walnut version and this was not a side dish or a dessert dish, it was the main dish - can you imagine? 

Hungarian dishes are quite varied and at the same time quite simple, based on the reason people used their imagination on what was readily available namely poatoes, poppies, eggs, flour and pork.

oli

oli

Hungarian dishes are quite varied and at the same time quite simple, based on the reason people used their imagination on what was readily available namely poatoes, poppies, eggs, flour and pork.