• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mmlstarr

mmlstarr

Getting obsessed with Dorie Greenspan. In particular, her cookies. So far have made Vanilla Bean Sablés, World Peace Cookies, Swedish Dream Cookies, and Chocolate Crème Sandwich Cookies (fake oreos). All were successes to varying degrees. I find her recipes so specific (when she uses weights!) and easy to follow. Everything pretty much happens just as she says it will, which is novel, I must say. I do have to occasionally adjust my oven temp or baking time, but that's my oven, not Dorie.

I found my way to her cookies through her carrot cake, which is the go-to birthday cake for my husband.

Anyway - just a shout out to Dorie, I guess. I don't have bakers in my life to geek out with, lol.

mmlstarr

mmlstarr

Getting obsessed with Dorie Greenspan. In particular, her cookies. So far have made Vanilla Bean Sablés, World Peace Cookies, Swedish Dream Cookies, and Chocolate Crème Sandwich Cookies (fake oreos). All were successes of varying degrees. I find her recipes so specific (when she uses weights!) and easy to follow. Everything pretty much happens just as she says it will, which is novel, I must say. I do have to occasionally adjust my oven temp or baking time, but that's my oven, not Dorie.

I found my way to her cookies through her carrot cake, which is the go-to birthday cake for my husband.

Anyway - just a shout out to Dorie, I guess. I don't have bakers in my life to geek out with, lol.