• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

oli

oli

18 minutes ago, Matthew.Taylor said:

Ok, I recently spent a week at home while the family was in Florida. I had said I was going to do a baking project, but until the last few days, I had no idea what. Then I recalled an episode from season 5 of the Great British Baking show. The technical challenge was Mary’s Tiramisu cake. Duly inspired, I said out to adapt the idea. I thought then if the various desserts we usually made, and I settled on a dish known as “Better than Robert Redford” (also called better than sex, but…kids in the house, and all). We also called it Better than Jim Taylor (my dad). I present to you, my Better than Robert Redford Cake.  

we have two layers of vanilla buttermilk cake, two layers of chocolate pastry cream, two layers of cream cheese filling, and one layer of shortbread. The frosting is stabilized whip cream, and chocolate shavings.

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0974.jpeg

Is that from Insanelygoodrecipes? Its in my file to be made, just waiting for an opportunity to make it - maybe a pot luck or church event.

oli

oli

17 minutes ago, Matthew.Taylor said:

Ok, I recently spent a week at home while the family was in Florida. I had said I was going to do a baking project, but until the last few days, I had no idea what. Then I recalled an episode from season 5 of the Great British Baking show. The technical challenge was Mary’s Tiramisu cake. Duly inspired, I said out to adapt the idea. I thought then if the various desserts we usually made, and I settled on a dish known as “Better than Robert Redford” (also called better than sex, but…kids in the house, and all). We also called it Better than Jim Taylor (my dad). I present to you, my Better than Robert Redford Cake.  

we have two layers of vanilla buttermilk cake, two layers of chocolate pastry cream, two layers of cream cheese filling, and one layer of shortbread. The frosting is stabilized whip cream, and chocolate shavings.

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0974.jpeg

Is that from Insanelygoodrecipes?