• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add note

19 hours ago, lemniscate said:

Yes please.  I also would like to find cakes that use jams as ingredients, not toppings.  I have too much jam on hand.  I don't use jam on toast or muffins.   

This Swirled Jam Cake from Snacking Cakes is very versatile.  Note the blueberry nutmeg and plum cardamom cake ideas on the page.  She also has a Peanutbutter and Jam Cake that's kind of fun. 

Not exactly a cake but this recipe for Jammy Winter Fruit and Browned Butter Bars from Midwest Made is very nice.  It begins with making the jam but I've made them with all kinds of homemade jam and it works well. 

Edited to add that when my Facebook baking group covered this book, most people advocated using more jam, up to doubling it, so consider that to use up even more of your stash!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

19 hours ago, lemniscate said:

Yes please.  I also would like to find cakes that use jams as ingredients, not toppings.  I have too much jam on hand.  I don't use jam on toast or muffins.   

This Swirled Jam Cake from Snacking Cakes is very versatile.  Note the blueberry nutmeg and plum cardamom cake ideas on the page.  She also has a Peanutbutter and Jam Cake that's kind of fun. 

Not exactly a cake but this recipe for Jammy Winter Fruit and Browned Butter Bars from Midwest Made is very nice.  It begins with making the jam but I've made them with all kinds of homemade jam and it works well. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

18 hours ago, lemniscate said:

This Swirled Jam Cake from Snacking Cakes is very versatile. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

18 hours ago, lemniscate said: