• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Matthew.Taylor

Matthew.Taylor

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@Matthew.Taylor  Can you post a picture of a cut piece?  I've tried to make then a few times and the base always falls apart.

Remember to always let the base cool completely and to bake it in the same pan you plan to assemble the bars in. I gave one slice with me for lunch, and it’s clear I’ll need to improve some things for next time, though they taste wonderful. Here’s the picture.

1A3E431F-7AC5-405A-8221-70A9B06B4EF7.jpeg

Matthew.Taylor

Matthew.Taylor

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

@Matthew.Taylor  Can you post a picture of a cut piece?  I've tried to make then a few times and the base always falls apart.

Remember to always let the base cook completely and to bake it in the same pan you plan to assemble the bars in. I gave one slice with me for lunch, and it’s clear I’ll need to improve some things for next time, though they taste wonderful. Here’s the picture.

1A3E431F-7AC5-405A-8221-70A9B06B4EF7.jpeg