• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To fix link

Brazilian Jubilee Cookies were recommended by my neighbor who said her mom used to make them all the time when she was growing up.   It appears they made an appearance in the 1952 Pillsbury Bake-Off, though did not take the top prize.

Using the full 2T of instant coffee granules gives them a distinct coffee flavor and a bitterness that's offset by the chocolate topping. 

IMG_2106.thumb.jpeg.ba49c8390eb06a6b51105d2e275d7e38.jpeg

I used butter instead of shortening and topped half with milk chocolate and half with dark chocolate.  I found it easier to melt the chocolate and spoon it on top rather than the method described in the recipe. 

Oh, and I lightly toasted the Brazil nuts after chopping them.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To fix link

Brazilian Jubilee Cookies were recommended by my neighbor who said her mom used to make them all the time when she was growing up.   It appears they made an appearance in the 1952 Pillsbury Bake-Off, though did not take the top prize.

Using the full 2T of instant coffee granules gives them a distinct coffee flavor and a bitterness that's offset by the chocolate topping. 

I used butter instead of shortening and topped half with milk chocolate and half with dark chocolate.  I found it easier to melt the chocolate and spoon it on top rather than the method described in the recipe. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin