• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BeeZee

BeeZee

Add photo

As I have no eggs in the house, yet felt a need for brownies, I did some research and found that one small banana, mashed (1/4c) would be a suitable replacement for one egg. It was either that or unsweetened applesauce (no ground flaxseed on hand) and I figured the banana flavor would be OK with chocolate. It was Ghiradelli mix from the pantry, so not a big investment. I baked the brownies for the max recommended time and they were a bit underdone in the center to my taste. The banana taste is very faint, will see if DH notices...since I don’t plan to tell him.😏

Edit to add, the next day, no banana taste.

8750D11E-58F5-4E26-8B48-36FA2909EDC2.jpeg

BeeZee

BeeZee

Add photo

As I have no eggs in the house, yet felt a need for brownies, I did some research and found that one small banana, mashed (1/4c) would be a suitable replacement for one egg. It was either that or unsweetened applesauce (no ground flaxseed on hand) and I figured the banana flavor would be OK with chocolate. It was Ghiradelli mix from the pantry, so not a big investment. I baked the brownies for the max recommended time and they were a bit underdone in the center to my taste. The banana taste is very faint, will see if DH notices...since I don’t plan to tell him.😏

8750D11E-58F5-4E26-8B48-36FA2909EDC2.jpeg

BeeZee

BeeZee