• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

oli

oli

I remember my mom making this but she used a creme anglaise type of sauce. I don't know if it was a real creme anglaise but I suspect she used something very close. She used to be a chef for major companies and armed services in the NWT and Co. in America and if she could cut corners but give the same result she would go that route. A liquid vanilla pudding?

Anyways, that's the way I prefer my pudding, and I suspect, since I have not had the rum sauce it would be not as sweet.

oli

oli

I remember my mom making this but she used a creme anglaise type of sauce. I don't know if it was a real creme anglaise but I suspect she used something very close. She used to be a chef for major companies and armed services in the NWT and Co. in America and if she could cut corners but give the same result she would go that route. A liquid vanilla pudding?

Anyways that's the way I prefer my pudding and I suspect since I have not had the rum sauce it would be not as sweet.