• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vapre

Vapre

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Could barely hear even the swish of the water. 

Ok I must have a semi-defective unit, then. This is my third (!) nano I have been through for various issus. To give you an idea of the noise, this guy has it too, you will hear it when he fires it up in the video review @blue_dolphin posted from SV Everything*. I love my kickstarter precision cooker, even though I have just about worn out the temp wheel and I had to wrap the base in teflon tape to keep the skirt on. It has been a champ. You have the same in red, right?

* here it is again: 

Vapre

Vapre

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Could barely hear even the swish of the water. 

Ok I must have a semi-defective unit, then. This is my third (!) nano I have been through for various issus. To give you an idea of the noise, this guy has it too, you will hear it when he fires it up in the video review @blue_dolphin posted from SV Everything*. I love my kickstarter precision cooker, even though I have just about worn out the temp wheel and I had to wrap the base in teflon tape. It has been a champ. You have the same in red, right?

* here it is again: