• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

I am making cookies from this (Dorie Greenspan) recipe.  I did not add the nuts but other than that I followed the recipe to a T including chilling the dough for an hour before scooping it. After 10 minutes in the oven I have a tray full of co-joined cookies!  I have returned the dough to the refrigerator  and wait with digits crossed for someone to suggest a solution. The trays are lined with Silpat. My oven temperature is good.  I just checked it.image.jpeg.538f2afbab3e738aea801bf369c58897.jpeg

Edited to add they are not even firming up as they cool.

Anna N

Anna N

I am making cookies from this (Dorie Greenspan) recipe.  I did not add the nuts but other than that I followed the recipe to a T including chilling the dough for an hour before scooping it. After 10 minutes in the oven I have a tray full of co-joined cookies!  I have returned the dough to the refrigerator  and wait with digits crossed for someone to suggest a solution. The trays are lined with Silpat. My oven temperature is good.  I just checked it.image.jpeg.538f2afbab3e738aea801bf369c58897.jpeg