• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jon Savage

Jon Savage

Damn you all (egullet). You done went and made me buy one of these (I got a Fyra which I received today).

I'm pretty darned excited; did the burn in tonight & have dough retarding overnight 00 caputo 70% hydration of course....

Pics to follow of tomorrow's attempts of course; I doubt anyone would be at all interested in pics of an empty Fyra being burned in. 

My game plan for tomorrow is a semi nekkid crust (++garlic+++Evoo) or two for practice / familiarization  or so & then off to pizzaland. This should be fun. Just divvied up the dough from bulk ferment :).

edit- The shipping time was 6-10 weeks out according to ooni's webpage but in fact 2 days so the rest of the stuff I ordered from Amazon turning peel infra thermo etc won't be here until Friday next so tomorrow's cook will be very much be improvised; hell I altered my too big pizza peel today to make it fit the ooni - removed 1/2 " from both sides with my trusty Japanese pull saw because well setting up the table saw or my skilsaw would have been too onerous. 

Jon Savage

Jon Savage

Damn you all (egullet). You done went and made me buy one of these (I got a Fyra which I received today).

I'm pretty darned excited; did the burn in tonight & have dough retarding overnight 00 caputo 70% hydration of course....

Pics to follow of tomorrow's attempts of course; I doubt anyone would be at all interested in pics of an empty Fyra being burned in. 

My game plan for tomorrow is a semi nekkid crust (++garlic+++Evoo) or two for practice / familiarization  or so & then off to pizzaland. This should be fun. Just divvied up the dough from bulk ferment :).

edit- The shipping time was 6-10 weeks out according to ooni's webpage but in fact 2 days so the rest of the stuff I ordered from Amazon turning peel infra thermo etc won't be here until Friday next so tomorrow's cook will be very much be improvised; hell I altered my too big pizza peel today to make it fit the ooni - removed 1/2 " both sides with my trust Japanese pull saw because well setting up the table saw would have been too onerous. 

Jon Savage

Jon Savage