• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

4 hours ago, Duvel said:

Beside the Nuvola (type 0, 2.5 €/kg), I also got the Chef (type 00, 1.7 €/kg) and the Regular (type 00, 1.7 €/kg) to play around with for the next time(s) …

Being scientific, I imagine you keep notes so that you end knowing what flour works best under what conditions. Me - I'd try to remember and just screw everything up!

4 hours ago, &roid said:

Great shop to have on hand!

Absolutely great looking shop. Lucky you to have that resource; I'd spend hours. Weekly.

3 hours ago, Duvel said:

The shop is great - not only for the flour. I had a hard time choosing the toppings, too … 😉

0A1ACA22-79D5-4193-B884-FE432B4C4790.thumb.jpeg.c2549255e99f1d9cfe0f9504bdbfdf69.jpeg

Damn! What does the pasta aisle look like?

3 hours ago, &roid said:

Our local good pizza place does a “carbonara” pizza - apologies to any Italians reading this, but it was delicious ;)  I think I’ll have a try at the weekend. 

Oh, not just them!  But the whole egg on pizza has become a thing, hasn't it?

weinoo

weinoo

4 hours ago, Duvel said:

Beside the Nuvola (type 0, 2.5 €/kg), I also got the Chef (type 00, 1.7 €/kg) and the Regular (type 00, 1.7 €/kg) to play around with for the next time(s) …

Being scientific, I imagine you keep notes so that you end knowing what flour works best under what conditions. Me - I'd try to remember and just screw everything up!

4 hours ago, &roid said:

Great shop to have on hand!

Absolutely great looking shop. Lucky you to have that resource; I'd spend hours. Weekly.

3 hours ago, Duvel said:

It seems they produce two „blue” varieties. There is the “classico” with 11.5% protein and a “pizzeria” with 12.5% (same as actually the “cuoco”). I bought the “classico” (as the “pizzeria” one was not available) and the “cuoco”, which from my expectations should give sturdier doughs. But compared to my pizza steel setup, the Ooni is a completely different game, so sturdier must not be better …

The shop is great - not only for the flour. I had a hard time choosing the toppings, too … 😉

0A1ACA22-79D5-4193-B884-FE432B4C4790.thumb.jpeg.c2549255e99f1d9cfe0f9504bdbfdf69.jpeg

Damn! What does the pasta aisle look like?

3 hours ago, &roid said:

Our local good pizza place does a “carbonara” pizza - apologies to any Italians reading this, but it was delicious ;)  I think I’ll have a try at the weekend. 

Oh, not just them!  But the whole egg on pizza has become a thing, hasn't it?