• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

&roid

&roid

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I agree. As you can see, I burned the sides of the first two Margheritas slightly; the third pie was turned a bit quicker and came out relatively fine.

And fully with you, @&roid: the 16” gives you plenty of room to maneuver a 12” pie around without getting stressed.

they’re looking great 👍🏻 

my current method is launch the pizza, wait until the back left edge is just starting to brown a tiny bit (really just before it starts to colour) then turn it 180°. After this I’ll usually do one or two more 90° turns to put any pale patches in the hotter zone. 

in a couple of weeks I’ve got my youngest kid’s third birthday party so (pandemic permitting) we’ll be serving pizzas to my biggest crowd yet. I’ll be doing probably a dozen or so pretty much back to back. Should be fun! Also I’d be interested if anyone has done a lot in one sitting - how many have you managed before having to reheat the floor?

&roid

&roid

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I agree. As you can see, I burned the sides of the first two Margheritas slightly; the third pie was turned a bit quicker and came out relatively fine.

And fully with you, @&roid: the 16” gives you plenty of room to maneuver a 12” pie around without getting stressed.

they’re looking great 👍🏻 

my current method is launch the pizza, wait until the back left edge is just starting to brown a tiny bit (really just before it starts to colour) then turn it 180°. After this I’ll usually do one or two more 90° turns to put any pale patches in the hotter zone. 

in a couple of weeks I’ve got my youngest kid’s third birthday party so (pandemic permitting) we’ll be serving pizzas to my biggest crowd yet. I’ll be doing probably a dozen or so pretty much back to back. Should be fun!