• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

6 hours ago, nickrey said:

After trying one peel and making a mess of it, I now use two peels. The Ooni peel has a thin edge than goes under the pizza easily. I use this to go under the pizza and bring it to the front of the oven. I then insert another round peel under the pizza at around a 30-40 degree angle. I then take the second peel off the first with the pizza on top, straighten it so the pizza is turned the angle and put it back in the oven. The whole process is very quick and allows you to turn the pizza every ten seconds or so during cooking to ensure even spots.

No peel with this one

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

6 hours ago, nickrey said:

After trying one peel and making a mess of it, I now use two peels. The Ooni peel has a thin edge than goes under the pizza easily. I use this to go under the pizza and bring it to the front of the oven. I then insert another round peel under the pizza at around a 30-40 degree angle. I then take the second peel off the first with the pizza on top, straighten it so the pizza is turned the angle and put it back in the oven. The whole process is very quick and allows you to turn the pizza every ten seconds or so during cooking to ensure even spots.

No peek with this one