• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

nickrey

nickrey

I just purchased the Ooni Koda 12 inch version and am very pleased with results. This was my second ever pizza in the oven.

IMG_0852.thumb.JPG.5c52a99d7ee4366f8baf34fff0ad5e75.JPG

I use my sourdough starter (which I keep in the fridge). Starter is 50% hydration. It is fed every two to three days.

Recipe as follows:

Feed starter in bowl (100g flour, 100g water), set out at room temperature covered with wet cloth for 24 hours.

Recipe for dough for two 12 inch pizzas (linear scale up if you want to make more).

319g (Caputo Blue) flour

100g starter  

186g water

10g salt.

I use my Thermomix to make the dough. Add all elements except the salt. Bring together. Let sit for half an hour. Add Salt. Run for 2 minutes 10 seconds on dough setting. Transfer dough to pre-oiled bowl.

I then put the dough into Brod & Taylor proofer at 27C for two hours.

Then into refrigerator overnight, again covered.

Take out two hours before making pizza, divide into dough balls, cover and let rise.

The hydration is perfect for the heat of the Ooni oven.

nickrey

nickrey

I just purchased the Ooni Koda 12 inch version and am very pleased with results. This was my second ever pizza in the oven.

IMG_0852.thumb.JPG.5c52a99d7ee4366f8baf34fff0ad5e75.JPG

I use my sourdough starter (which I keep in the fridge). Starter is 50% hydration. It is fed every two to three days.

Recipe as follows:

Feed starter in bowl (100g flour, 100g water), set out at room temperature covered with wet cloth for 24 hours.

Recipe for dough for two 12 inch pizzas (linear scale up if you want to make more).

319g flour

100g starter  

186g water

10g salt.

I use my Thermomix to make the dough. Add all elements except the salt. Bring together. Let sit for half an hour. Add Salt. Run for 2 minutes 10 seconds on dough setting. Transfer dough to pre-oiled bowl.

I then put the dough into Brod & Taylor proofer at 27C for two hours.

Then into refrigerator overnight, again covered.

Take out two hours before making pizza, divide into dough balls, cover and let rise.

The hydration is perfect for the heat of the Ooni oven.