• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

100% always. Lose my mind otherwise.

I don't even want help in the kitchen from someone who isn't cleaning as they go. I end up cleaning up after them and it would be faster if they weren't there.

"The best way to help mommy," as they say, "is to stay out of her way.

Edited to add: cleaning as you go can end when you've plated the food, assuming you're eating with everyone else (and not diving into making the next course). There's no point in letting the sauce congeal on the plates as everything gets cold because you're obsessively scrubbing the last pan of the evening.

paulraphael

paulraphael

100% always. Lose my mind otherwise.

I don't even want help in the kitchen from someone who isn't cleaning as they go. I end up cleaning up after them and it would end up being faster if they weren't there.

"The best way to help mommy," as they say, "is to stay out of her way.