• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

Meal #1 from this week's TB12 box.  Summer ramen with coconut lime broth and sweet corn.

Corn is cut from the cob. A broth is made from the cobs, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, ginger, a vegetable bouillon cube and water (I subbed in homemade chicken stock for the bouillon/water).  Coconut milk, tamari and lime juice is added once the broth has simmered. Chunky aromatics are removed and chopped bok choy is added.  (you are supposed to add tofu at this point but I am not supposed to eat tofu so I omitted it)

Black rice ramen noodles are cooked.  They sent 5 oz and I was feeding two adults plus a teen so I made the decision to also cook/prepare one sleeve of ramen noodles and a bunch of raw zoodles I made on my spiralizer.  I followed the cooking instructions for the black rice ramen but they fell apart a bit.  Not having made black rice ramen before I can't explain what went wrong.

Finally, the corn cut off the cob is sautéed in coconut fat and agave and then added to the ramen bowl with cilantro and lime wedge garnish.  I added duck eggs to everyone's dish to make up for the missing tofu protein.  

596ec0ab60ba0_raen.thumb.jpg.41a79410921f2906e8b444b6c0f246bc.jpg

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

Meal #1 from this week's TB12 box.  Summer ramen with coconut lime broth and sweet corn.

Corn is cut from the cob. A broth is made from the cobs, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, ginger, a vegetable bouillon cube and water (I subbed in homemade chicken stock for the bouillon/water).  Coconut milk and lime juice is added once the broth has simmered. Chunky aromatics are removed and chopped bok choy is added.  (you are supposed to add tofu at this point but I am not supposed to eat tofu so I omitted it)

Black rice ramen noodles are cooked.  They sent 5 oz and I was feeding two adults plus a teen so I made the decision to also cook/prepare one sleeve of ramen noodles and a bunch of raw zoodles I made on my spiralizer.  I followed the cooking instructions for the black rice ramen but they fell apart a bit.  Not having made black rice ramen before I can't explain what went wrong.

Finally, the corn cut off the cob is sautéed in coconut fat and agave and then added to the ramen bowl with cilantro and lime wedge garnish.  I added duck eggs to everyone's dish to make up for the missing tofu protein.  

596ec0ab60ba0_raen.thumb.jpg.41a79410921f2906e8b444b6c0f246bc.jpg