• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SJMitch

SJMitch

20 hours ago, liamsaunt said:

As you might imagine from the ingredient list, this was pretty bland.  The beet salad was nice, but the lentils were awfully boring, despite the onions and salt/pepper.  I checked my recipe in the Jerusalem cookbook this morning, and his recipe calls for lots of added spices that would have been welcome.

Thanks for the heads-up, we'll be making this, too.  And what I should have done tonight is just make the quinoa salad from the 2nd Gobble dish and served the salmon from it later with the Purple Carrot dish like you did!

As it was, Gobble is still arriving late in the day which means the meats/fish do not arrive frozen solid, and unless they are very icy, I don't throw them in the freezer but put the seafood first in queue for meals from the fridge.

SJMitch

SJMitch

20 hours ago, liamsaunt said:

As you might imagine from the ingredient list, this was pretty bland.  The beet salad was nice, but the lentils were awfully boring, despite the onions and salt/pepper.  I checked my recipe in the Jerusalem cookbook this morning, and his recipe calls for lots of added spices that would have been welcome.

Thanks for the heads-up, we'll be making this, too.  And what I should have done tonight is just make the quinoa salad from the 2nd Gobble dish and serve the salmon from it later with the Purple Carrot dish like you did!