• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SJMitch

SJMitch

Added links to recipes, noticed last two were same dish with different names

Phew,  I just went back and imported all the recipes from the first year we used Sun Basket into Paprika Recipe Manager.  We've ordered 176 meals from Sun Basket consisting of 139 different recipes. 16 of them we had twice, 9 of them 3 times, and one 4 times.  I did not count extra dishes were we doubled up during the same week since that's a bit more of pain to figure out.

Some dishes are just minor variations.  E.g. we like their turkey meatballs.  We've had: Gingered Turkey Meatballs in Coconut Milk Broth, Gingered Turkey Meatballs in Japanese Mushroom Broth, Gingered Turkey Meatballs in Lemongrass Broth (the best!) and then the versions 'dry' with cauliflower: Middle Eastern Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower "Couscous", and Tomato-Braised Turkey Meatballs with Zucchini and Curried Cauliflower (had this 4 different times!).  It's also extremely likely we doubled up on many of these, so we've eaten a lot of their turkey meatballs.  

I think that means I should just keep ingredients on hand to make them myself! For the 'dry' versions with riced/minced cauliflower, stores now sell cauliflower pre-minced, so no need to break out the blender.  Sun Basket initially sent whole heads of caulflower in the early days, but now ships it minced for recipes that call for it.

SJMitch

SJMitch

Phew,  I just went back and imported all the recipes from the first year we used Sun Basket into Paprika Recipe Manager.  We've ordered 176 meals from Sun Basket consisting of 140 different recipes. 16 of them we had twice and 10 of them 3 times.  I did not count extra dishes were we doubled up during the same week since that's a bit more of pain to figure out.

Some dishes are just minor variations.  E.g. we like their turkey meatballs.  We've had: Gingered Turkey Meatballs in Coconut Milk Broth, Gingered Turkey Meatballs in Japanese Mushroom Broth, Gingered Turkey Meatballs in Lemongrass Broth (the best!) and then the versions 'dry' with cauliflower: Middle Eastern Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower "Couscous", Tomato-Braised Turkey Meatballs with Zucchini and Curried Cauliflower, and Turkey Meatballs with Curried Cauliflower.  It's also extremely likely we doubled up on many of these, so we've eaten a lot of their turkey meatballs.  

I think that means I should just keep ingredients on hand to make them myself! For the 'dry' versions with riced/minced cauliflower, stores now sell cauliflower pre-minced, so no need to break out the blender.  Sun Basket initially sent whole heads of caulflower in the early days, but now ships it minced for recipes that call for it.