• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

My first attempt at snacking bars and tablets, made for a new indoor winter market opening January 14, 2023:

The bar on the left is strawberry pâte de fruit and crispy peanut butter gianduja, on the right is coffee-flavored marshmallow and hazelnut praline gianduja:

bars.thumb.jpg.5d757e819134cafe5e63fa5cb2daabcc.jpg

The tablet on the left is almond praline gianduja topped with caramelized almonds, sour cherries, and sea salt.  In the middle is dark chocolate with glacéed oranges, candied rose petals, and sea salt.  On the right is a plain 72% cacao (Felchlin's Arriba) tablet made especially for dark chocolate fanatics and in a mold that I really like.

tablets.thumb.jpg.c033c169baa9bebeb573f9ac8832f41f.jpg

Jim D.

Jim D.

My first attempt at snacking bars and tablets, made for a new indoor winter market opening January 14, 2023:

The bar on the left is strawberry pâte de fruit and crispy peanut butter gianduja, on the right is coffee-flavored marshmallow and hazelnut praline gianduja:

bars.thumb.jpg.5d757e819134cafe5e63fa5cb2daabcc.jpg

The tablet on the left is almond praline gianduja topped with caramelized almonds, sour cherries, and sea salt.  In the middle is dark chocolate with glacéed oranges, candied rose petals, and sea salt.  On the right is a plain 72% cocoa (Felchlin's Arriba) tablet made especially for dark chocolate fanatics and in a mold that I really like.

tablets.thumb.jpg.c033c169baa9bebeb573f9ac8832f41f.jpg