• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

Edited to add comments on marshmallow

23 hours ago, GRiker said:

Those look great!  The lemon sounds especially refreshing!  If you have an extra one, will you show what the inside looks like?

As requested:

lemon.jpg.362501d3b6082e43c95c3063834a3a32.jpg

(with thanks to pastrypastmidnight for her tips on doing "the cut," at which she is a recognized master)

Tasting a new bonbon all assembled and ready to go is always different (to me) from tasting the components during production. This tasting told me the Notter lemon ganache recipe is great, but, when paired with marshmallow, it could use more zest. It's not clearly visible, but below the lemon there is a thin "moisture barrier" of white chocolate flavored with the wonderful Boyajian lemon oil, keeping the cookie crisp.

I made some new discoveries about making pipeable marshmallow (this was the best it has ever turned out--it even self-leveled as I piped it into the molds), and I have incorporated those into the recipe I posted on using marshmallow in bonbons.

Jim D.

Jim D.

1 hour ago, GRiker said:

Those look great!  The lemon sounds especially refreshing!  If you have an extra one, will you show what the inside looks like?

As requested:

lemon.jpg.362501d3b6082e43c95c3063834a3a32.jpg

(with thanks to pastrypastmidnight for her tips on doing "the cut," at which she is a recognized master)

Tasting a new bonbon all assembled and ready to go is always different (to me) from tasting the components during production. This tasting told me the Notter lemon ganache recipe is great, but, when paired with marshmallow, it could use more zest. It's not clearly visible, but below the lemon there is a thin "moisture barrier" of white chocolate flavored with the wonderful Boyajian lemon oil, keeping the cookie crisp.