• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

Thai. Returned to a place we visited a two months ago.

Yum won sen. Mung bean noodles salad. Sweet-spicy-acidic, plenty of herbs.

Phad phak bung. Stir fried morning glory and shrimps. Oyster sauce, fermented soy beans, soy sauce, nearly whole garlic cloves, chilies. Lots of "wok hei". With sticky rice. So good.

Pad thai with eggs and shrimp (mixed it all up before remembering to take the picture). Really good, nice wok hei, well seasoned, not sweet or overly sauce. I'm always hesitant of ordering pad thai, it's often overly localized, but this place got my trust the last time. Still needed some extra chili sauce.

Massaman curry with tofu, onions, potatoes, peanuts, fried shallots. A little too much tomato to my taste, but it was OK.

IMG_20200813_125242.jpg

IMG_20200813_125409.jpg

IMG_20200813_130704.jpg

IMG_20200813_130753_1.jpg

shain

shain

Thai. Returned to a place we visited a two months ago.

Yum won sen. Mung bean noodles salad. Sweet-spicy-acidic, plenty of herbs.

Phad phak bung. Stir fried morning glory and shrimps. Oyster sauce, fermented soy beans, soy sauce, nearly whole garlic cloves, chilies. Lots of "wok hei".

Pad thai with eggs and shrimp (mixed it all up before remembering to take the picture). Really good, nice wok hei, well seasoned, not sweet or overly sauce. I'm always hesitant of ordering pad thai, it's often overly localized, but this place got my trust the last time. Still needed some extra chili sauce.

Massaman curry with tofu, onions, potatoes, peanuts, fried shallots. A little too much tomato to my taste, but it was OK.

IMG_20200813_125242.jpg

IMG_20200813_125409.jpg

IMG_20200813_130704.jpg

IMG_20200813_130753_1.jpg