• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blbst36

blbst36

I am lunching with a bunch of ladies this week, but yesterday's experience was just ridiculous.  The woman I was going with wanted Indian or a local deli/grill.  I figured we could go to my favorite Indian restaurant.  We get there - CLOSED ON MONDAYS!  What!?!  Luckily, she knew of another place close by (there are A LOT of Indian restaurants in the area), so we headed there.  Ordered an appetizer of pakoras.  Nibbled on those while sipping on complementary ginger and lemon tea and BOOM - power goes out.  REALLY?!?  Waited a few minutes to see if it would come back, but there is construction nearby and it was the whole area down to the traffic lights.  Third time's the charm???  We ended up at the deli/grill for a tasty lunch and laughed at our misfortune.  Accidentally took a 1.5 hour lunch :D  But we had to eat!!  The universe just did not want us to get any Indian food for lunch, apparently.

blbst36

blbst36

I am lunching with a bunch of ladies this week, but yesterday's experience was just ridiculous.  The woman I was going with wanted Indian or a local deli/grill.  I figured we could go to my favorite Indian restaurant.  We get there - CLOSED ON MONDAY'S!  What!?!  Luckily, she knew of another place close by (there are A LOT of Indian restaurants in the area), so we headed there.  Ordered an appetizer of pakoras.  Nibbled on those while sipping on complementary ginger and lemon tea and BOOM - power goes out.  REALLY?!?  Waited a few minutes to see if it would come back, but there is construction nearby and it was the whole area down to the traffic lights.  Third time's the charm???  We ended up at the deli/grill for a tasty lunch and laughed at our misfortune.  Accidentally took a 1.5 hour lunch :D  But we had to eat!!  The universe just did not want us to get any Indian food for lunch, apparently.