• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

DianaB

DianaB

On 26/10/2017 at 6:38 AM, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Thanks for sharing the uplifting story of your cousin's recovery and the celebration of that.

I agree about the sign! All directions or routes ... wonder what that was supposed to mean? I'd still be lost. xD

Really enjoyed reading the positive events that resulted in a trip to Nice and the photos are beautiful even if I’m surprised that the restaurant didn’t use linen table cloths.  I had thought it obligatory for a Michelin starred place but perhaps not for the tables outside.

The ‘Toutes Directions’ sign is replicated all over France, usually to get traffic away from a town centre and onto a ring road from which drivers can pick the appropriate destination from similar boards but with place names listed.  Am all but certain we have similar in England but these things become so much a part of one’s landscape that they don’t stand out.  

ETA I hadn’t realised how long ago the original post was made! I had momentarily forgotten that I’m working my way through months of content at the moment.....

DianaB

DianaB

On 26/10/2017 at 6:38 AM, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Thanks for sharing the uplifting story of your cousin's recovery and the celebration of that.

I agree about the sign! All directions or routes ... wonder what that was supposed to mean? I'd still be lost. xD

Really enjoyed reading the positive events that resulted in a trip to Nice and the photos are beautiful even if I’m surprised that the restaurant didn’t use linen table cloths.  I had thought it obligatory for a Michelin starred place but perhaps not for the tables outside.

The ‘Toutes Directions’ sign is replicated all over France, usually to get traffic away from a town centre and onto a ring road from which drivers can pick the appropriate destination from similar boards but with place names listed.  Am all but certain we have similar in England but these things become so much a part of one’s landscape that they don’t stand out.