• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Im reluctant to start a new thread on the Test Kitchen Show.

i though of folding what I wanted to say into the thread about CK leavened w contract issues    ... but that's not my point

I seen 6 shows of this new season , W/O CK.

the TestKichen Cabal is one that's easy to knock and worse.   we all know why , and it varies w each knocker.  fine

there is no CK , and for me that's an improvement w possible upsidel.

I find the Taste Testing segments no longer are foolish schticks   there can be interesting information there.

they did a simple brine for make your own corned beef a few weeks ago , and last week they did a tomato and cheese lasagna 

w boil but dont boil those noodles.  this was not new to me.  but a few things were

today  , A1706  they did  salmon portions in the pan , but started in a cold pan , new to me.

i know how to make killer Salmon , but don't have access to the salmon Id like any more.

Im very particular making pan salmon.  you do need a 350 $$ copper pan from France , you see   ( actually its equivalent will do :  DARTO )

I dont brine personally , but that's as Im trying to minimize added NaCL as I have a different Salt plan.

but Ill try this and even try to get some fresh but not fresh enough and massively over priced salmon to see how the cold pan method works.

'then they did a Shrimp Scampi  in a way I had not thought of before.

they have also used equipment Ive not seen on the show before  .  a very different knife and a non-TFal nonstick pan.  and a few other equipment things.

So   .....

I watch all these shows anyway as I Cap them w over the air HDTV  ...

S17 of ATK seems to be doing OK for itself,  a bit of a surprise.

take a peak if its easy for you to do.

YMMV

PS  they tasted Fish Sauce   and chose RedBoat40    :D  ""  $ 7.99 / bottle ""    from WholeFoods

they should have mentioned of course at TJ, its $ 4 +      and it was at TJ's when they filmed , so you see

you still need to be on your toes.

rotuts

rotuts

i though of folding what I wanted to say into the thread about CK leavened w contract issues    ... but that's not my point

the TestKichen Cabal is one that's easy to knock and worse.   we all know why , and it varies w each knocker.  fine

there is no CK , and for me that's an improvement w possible upsidel.

I find the Taste Testing segments no longer are foolish schticks   there can be interesting information there.

they did a simple brine for make your own corned beef a few weeks ago , and last week they did a tomato and cheese lasagna 

w boil but dont boil those noodles.  this was not new to me.  but a few things were

today  , A1706  they did  salmon portions in the pan , but started in a cold pan , new to me.

i know how to make killer Salmon , but don't have access to the salmon Id like any more.

Im very particular making pan salmon.  you do need a 350 $$ copper pan from France , you see   ( actually its equivalent will do :  DARTO )

I dont brine personally , but that's as Im trying to minimize added NaCL as I have a different Salt plan.

but Ill try this and even try to get some fresh but not fresh enough and massively over priced salmon to see how the cold pan method works.

So   .....

YMMV

PS  they tasted Fish Sauce   and chose RedBoat40    :D  ""  $ 7.99 / bottle ""    from WholeFoods

they should have mentioned of course at TJ, its $ 4 +      and it was at TJ's when they filmed , so you see

rotuts

rotuts

there is no CK , and for me that's got potential.

today  , A1706  they did a salmon in the pan , but started in a cold pan , new to me.

I dont brine personally , but that's as Im trying to minimize added NaCL as I have a different plan.

So   .....

YMMV