• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Liquid lecithin

pastryani

What I have is very thick — it still works just fine.

• Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

@pastryani out of interest, how do you store yours?

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

Not that I know of. I use the pan release made by Bakels, which is most likely the same as what you use - I think all the produces use the same recipe when making the stuff. It should not be refrigerated as per their instructions. However, I have not experienced any thickening. John.

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

@JohnT - at first I was confused by your reply since I was talking about liquid lecithin for use as an emulsifier, not as pan release.  But then I looked it up and it turns out lecithin is also used as a pan release agent, so I learned that today.  Thanks!  :) 

• Like 1

@pastryani Ah, a situation of crossed lines. A bit of a one-track mind on my side as I completely disregarded any thoughts of the products other uses. Well, at least I now fully understand your use of the lecithin. I will now shut up! 9_9

@SusanV. - I got mine at a local co-op/health food store.  You could try your local health food store, or maybe Whole Foods.  The brand I got was "Now", and if you can't find it locally, here's a link to it online:

https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-20-now-foods-liquid-lecithin-natural-phosholipid-16-oz?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=fpl&utm_term=NOWFoodsLiquidLecithinNaturalPhosholipid16oz&utm_content=48312&utm_campaign=googlebase&site=google_base&sc_intid=48312&scid=scplp2962149&gclid=CKHez9eL2tACFUWRfgodKwYKzg