• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

@Ann_T

I used about a rounded tablespoon of very finely minced Meyer lemon peel and I had a soft sprig of rosemary about 6/7” long that I removed the rosemary needles from.  Very, very finely chopped, the rosemary was subtle and not overpowering, the lemon also subtle.  I imagine microplaning the lemon would also be a consideration. This was for a 400+ gram boule.  I saved some for a preferment and the following loaf was fragrant but less so than the original.  Maybe just adding a little of both to a preferment might be useful for a test run?

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

@Ann-T

I used about a rounded tablespoon of very finely minced Meyer lemon peel and I had a soft sprig of rosemary about 6/7” long that I removed the rosemary needles from.  Very, very finely chopped, the rosemary was subtle and not overpowering, the lemon also subtle.  I imagine microplaning the lemon would also be a consideration. This was for a 400+ gram boule.  I saved some for a preferment and the following loaf was fragrant but less so than the original.  Maybe just adding a little of both to a preferment might be useful for a test run?

OlyveOyl

OlyveOyl

@Ann-T

I used about a rounded tablespoon of very finely minced Meyer lemon peel and I had a soft sprig of rosemary about 6/7” long that I removed the rosemary needles from.  Very, very finely chopped, the rosemary was subtle and not overpowering, the lemon also subtle.  I imagine microplaning the lemon would also be a consideration. This was for a 400+ gram for the boule.  I saved some for a preferment and the following loaf was fragrant but less so than the original.  Maybe just adding a little of both to a preferment might be useful for a test run?