• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

Glad folks appear to enjoy the article.

11 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Then I read the part where Pete Wells had a better time at Senor Frog's than at Per Se

Here's an Eater article on this. :-)

Sadly, the NYC Señor Frogs has closed.

Eater.com put out a follow-up article on the New Yorker profile: 

http://ny.eater.com/2016/9/6/12812332/pete-wells-profile-8-things-we-learned 

A commenter there remarked that Chang did not come over well. I myself would agree.**

As for the review on Momofuku Nishi, for those interested here it is.

** As an aside, I for one look askance at the adulation heaped upon Chang here in the USA. His vaunted pork buns, just as one example, are but a rework of a dish/preparation that has been known and eaten for years and years in E/SE Asia; and food bloggers etc (some of whom I respect) in those locales have laughed at this weird adulation in the States of this pork bun, and at the notion held by some that he even invented it (not!).

huiray

huiray

Then I read the part where Pete Wells had a better time at Senor Frog's than at Per Se

A commenter there remarked that Chang did not come over well. I myself would agree.**

** As an aside, I for one look askance at the adulation heaped upon Chang here in the USA. His vaunted pork buns, just as one example, are but a rework of a dish/preparation that has been known and eaten for years and years in E/SE Asia; and food bloggers etc (some of whom I respect) in those locales have laughed at this weird adulation in the States of this pork bun, and at the notion held by some that he even invented it (not!).

huiray

huiray

** As an aside, I for one look askance at the adulation heaped upon Chang here in the USA. His vaulted pork buns, just as one example, are but a rework of a dish/preparation that has been known and eaten for years and years in E/SE Asia; and food bloggers etc (some of whom I respect) in those locales have laughed at this weird adulation in the States of this pork bun, and at the notion held by some that he even invented it (not!).