• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sartoric

sartoric

Add details

27 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Nice, thank you.  I have added spinach to Dahl but not cabbage.  Will have to try that.

i noticed in your curry making process you were adding the yoghurt slowly, likely to prevent it separating?  If so, have you tried whisking in 1 teaspoon of cornstarch per 1 cup yogurt to stabilize it for adding to hot sauces....works well for me.

I watched Madhur Jaffrey do it this way (on TV, can't remember the series) and it works well. The reasoning was you fry between each addition thereby increasing the depth of flavour. Yesterday was raining, cold and windy, so time in front of the stove was a pleasure. Good to know about the cornflour ! 

sartoric

sartoric

21 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Nice, thank you.  I have added spinach to Dahl but not cabbage.  Will have to try that.

i noticed in your curry making process you were adding the yoghurt slowly, likely to prevent it separating?  If so, have you tried whisking in 1 teaspoon of cornstarch per 1 cup yogurt to stabilize it for adding to hot sauces....works well for me.

I watched Madhur Jaffrey do it this way (on TV, can't remember the series) and it works well. Yesterday was raining, cold and windy, so time in front of the stove was a pleasure. Good to know about the cornflour !