• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

I made penne alla Norma, but I forgot to take a picture :(

I found this pic from last summer. Today's dish differs by the use of penne rather then rigatoni, the eggplant being cut to larger pieces and the basil cut into chiffonade. Also, I now enjoy plating individual dishes, rather then the more efficient method of serving directly from the pan,

DSCF5160.JPG

Both this year and the last I opted to bake the cubed eggplants rather then frying. I'm not a fan of fried eggplants, not the process and not the result, which I find taste more of oil then of itself.

As for pasta shape - I think rigatoni suits this dish better due to their larger size.

shain

shain

I made penne alla Norma, but I forgot to take a picture :(

I found this pic from last summer. Today's dish differs by the use of penne rather then rigatoni, the eggplant being cut to larger pieces and the basil cut into chiffonade instead of being left whole (it seems I had some tiny basil leaves last year). I also, I now enjoy plating individual dishes, rather then the more efficient method of serving directly from the pan,

DSCF5160.JPG

Both this year and the last I opted to bake the cubed eggplants rather then frying. I'm not a fan of fried eggplants, not the process and not the result, which I find taste more of oil then of itself.

As for pasta shape - I think rigatoni suits this dish better due to their larger size.