• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, rustwood said:

Maybe this has been too long of a day for me, but I don't follow.  Your previous post clearly wasn't implying that there is a problem with using mayo instead of miracle whip, but rather that a proper hoagie should be made with oil (certainly an Italian hoagie). 

Don't even get me started on the fact that for some reason people in every other region seem to think a Philly cheese steak is made with bell peppers.  Also, isn't "Philly" cheese steak redundant?  Is there any other kind? :P

Miracle Whip is deplorable in any usage other than my mother's devilled eggs.

Indeed native cheesesteaks do not involve peppers. Alien chefs add all kinds of Italian-ish crap to a cheesesteak.

Absolutely right, Philly cheesesteak is redundant and a implies a bad steak to come.

gfweb

gfweb

57 minutes ago, rustwood said:

Maybe this has been too long of a day for me, but I don't follow.  Your previous post clearly wasn't implying that there is a problem with using mayo instead of miracle whip, but rather that a proper hoagie should be made with oil (certainly an Italian hoagie). 

Don't even get me started on the fact that for some reason people in every other region seem to think a Philly cheese steak is made with bell peppers.  Also, isn't "Philly" cheese steak redundant?  Is there any other kind? :P

Miracle Whip is deplorable in any usage.

Indeed native cheesesteaks do not involve peppers. Alien chefs add all kinds of Italian-ish crap to a cheesesteak.

Absolutely right, Philly cheesesteak is redundant and a implies a bad steak to come.