• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

4 hours ago, Cyberider said:

I've made several pizzas already and the heating elements in closer proximity might be an advantage for that.  It came with a 13" diameter pan which just fits and that's a good-sized pizza for me. 

Just watch, the coating on that pizza pan will peel in short order.  Also, try making sense of the "Frozen" v. "Fresh" and "Convection" v. fanless settings when making pizza.  And who, really, needs a "Cookie" mode?

As I said, the BSO is OK for non-toast tasks.  Just overrated, overpriced and not that smart.

boilsover

boilsover

4 hours ago, Cyberider said:

I've made several pizzas already and the heating elements in closer proximity might be an advantage for that.  It came with a 13" diameter pan which just fits and that's a good-sized pizza for me. 

Just watch, the coating on that pizza pan will peel in short order.  Also, try making sense of the "Frozen" v. "Fresh" and "Convection" v. fanless settings when making pizza.  And who, really, needs a "Cookie" mode?

As I said, the BSO is OK or non-toast tasks.  Just overrated, overpriced and not that smart.