• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

While in Chicago I took a long walk over to Binny's and picked up a 20 yr old Armagnac and a Binny's single barrel pick of a Barton's 1792 Full Proof bourbon

The Armagnac is quite tasty and is similar in age and flavor to barrels my bourbon group picked from a producer in Gers France recently.  We were so taken by the picks that in a couple months  we are going back to pick more barrels.  Our European scouts are already tasting samples to narrow down the selection.  It should be a fun trip

image.jpeg

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

While in Chicago I took a long walk over to Binny's and picked up a 20 yr old Armagnac and a Binny's single barrel pick of a Barton's 1792 Full Proof bourbon

The Armagnac is quite tasty and is similar in age and flavor to barrels my bourbon group picked from a producer in Gers France recently.  We were so taken by the picks that in a couple months of we are going back to pick more barrels.  Our European scouts are already tasting sample to narrow down the selection.  It should be a fun trip

image.jpeg

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

The Armagnac is quite tasty and is similar in age and flavor to barrels my bourbon group picked from a producer in Gers France recently.  We were so taken by the picks that in a couple month more of us are going back to pick more barrels.  Our European scouts are already tasting sample to narrow down the selection.  It should be a fun trip

image.jpeg

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

The Armagnac is quite tasty and is similar in age and flavor to barrels my bourbon group picked from a producer in Ger France recently.  We were so taken by the picks that in a couple month more of us are going back to pick more barrels.  Our European scouts are already tasting sample to narrow down the selection.  It should be a fun trip

image.jpeg