• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

Most of the things I buy are quite simple and far from "high-end"

I do lots of research before buying, read reviews, etc. to try to find products with a record of minimal problems.

In spite of that, we do run into serious problems with some stuff. :(

The fridge I bought last August, a "Whirlpool", draws numerous excellent reviews.

I bought it on sale — 10% off regular price, with a "free" icemaker promotion — packaged separately — which I sold for $65.00

There is a very minor cosmetic issue for which they refunded ~$50

I bought a 5-year extended warranty for ~$100

Hopefully, it'll serve us well without serious issues!

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

I do lots of research before buying, read reviews, etc. to try to find products with a record of minimal problems.

In spite of that, we do run into serious problems with some stuff. :(

The fridge I bought last August, a "Whirlpool", draws numerous excellent reviews.

I bought it on sale — 10% off regular price, with a "free" icemaker promotion — packaged separately — which I sold for $65.00

There was a minor cosmetic issue for which they refunded ~$50

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

In spite of that, we do run into lserious problems with some stuff. :(

The fridge I bought last August, a "Whirlpool", draws excellent reviews.

There was a minor cosmetic issue for which they refunded ~$50