• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Orbit

Orbit

I just got back from Paris, where I had ricotta-stuffed ravioli in an amazing, subtle, thin white sauce with parsley that was amazing. It tasted like it had a slight amount of earthy, subtle cheese in it. The color was absolutely white, but it wasn't heavy or creamy. I would like to re-produce this at home--any ideas on what it was? Is this a standard sauce recipe in France for pasta? Any recipe suggestions?

Orbit

Orbit

I just got back from Paris, where I had ricotta-stuffed ravioli in an amazing, subtle, thin white sauce with parsley that was amazing. I tasted like it had a slight amount of earthy, subtle cheese in it. The color was absolutely white, but it wasn't heavy or creamy. I would like to re-produce this at home--any ideas on what it was? Is this a standard sauce recipe in France for pasta? Any recipe suggestions?