• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sartoric

sartoric

To add details.

46 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

@sartoric,

Your roast pork really is "the other white meat". ("The other white meat" is from an ad campaign by the pork producers that ran extensively in the US, in case you haven't heard of it.)

I saw it on your roast pork on dinner thread where it almost looks like chicken breast, but thought it was a trick of lighting or the camera. It looks the same in your above shot. I love the combination of veggies and applesauce with it. Your crackin's looked especially tasty too. Lovely dinner and lunch.

Is your pork sirloin or another cut?

It's part of a leg TftC, and we had that same "the other white meat" campaign (probably copied). 

I can almost make myself sick with crackling :) 

I should add that this was on special at $8 per kilo, a bargain here. 

sartoric

sartoric

7 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

@sartoric,

Your roast pork really is "the other white meat". ("The other white meat" is from an ad campaign by the pork producers that ran extensively in the US, in case you haven't heard of it.)

I saw it on your roast pork on dinner thread where it almost looks like chicken breast, but thought it was a trick of lighting or the camera. It looks the same in your above shot. I love the combination of veggies and applesauce with it. Your crackin's looked especially tasty too. Lovely dinner and lunch.

Is your pork sirloin or another cut?

It's part of a leg TftC, and we had that same "the other white meat" campaign (probably copied). 

I can almost make myself sick with crackling :)