• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Needed-Jersey Shore area

Rosie

Rosie - I have always enjoyed Rockafella's(formerly Kelly's on the Inlet) in Point Pleasant. The food is very good - great view and they have dining rooms both up and downstairs so I am sure that they could accomadate a private lunch especially if it is offseason. They have a sister restaurant also called Rockafellas in Toms River which dosent have the size.

Rockafella's Clam Bar & Grille

17 Inlet Drive

Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742

(732) 714-1717

Edited by RockADS21 (log)

A.D.S.

Rosie,

The Fromagerie, in Rumson, one of the area's premier French restaurants -- been around for about 30 years -- has private facilities that can handle your crowd. Definitely has a liquor license. All the info is on their web site: http://www.fromagerierestaurant.com.

Another possibility is Two If By Sea, in Red Bank. I don't know what their capacity is. Food's good and they have a liquor license. Here's their web site: http://www.twoifbysea.com.

Also with private rooms and good food, but you'd have to check about the liquor license 'cause I don't remember: The Bistro at Red Bank, on Broad St. (732-530-5553), and Raven & Peach, a most attractive restaurant in Fair Haven (732-747-4666).

The Fromagerie, in Rumson, one of the area's premier French restaurants --  been around for about 30 years -- has private facilities that can handle your crowd.  Definitely has a liquor license.    All the info is on their web site: http://www.fromagerierestaurant.com

).

wow, I heaven't heard about this place in a while. Roz, have you been lately? Have they updated their menu? I recall that they were very dated and a bit behind the times from a culinary perspective.. the last time I went, maybe 5-6 years ago? I'd love an update, its a very pretty restaurant. Do the Peters brothers still own it?

The Fromagerie, in Rumson, one of the area's premier French restaurants --  been around for about 30 years -- has private facilities that can handle your crowd.  Definitely has a liquor license.    All the info is on their web site: http://www.fromagerierestaurant.com.  

).

wow, I heaven't heard about this place in a while. Roz, have you been lately? Have they updated their menu? I recall that they were very dated and a bit behind the times from a culinary perspective.. the last time I went, maybe 5-6 years ago? I'd love an update, its a very pretty restaurant. Do the Peters brothers still own it?

Kim, I can't recall exactly how long ago it was that I ate there, but it has been many years -- probably further back than your 5 or 6. As far as I know, the brothers still own it. It is one of the relatively few restaurants that still require men to wear a jacket (dinner only). As for the food, if you look at the menu posted on their site, while they may not be a Nicholas, it would appear from the descriptions that they have "modernized" many of their offerings and preparations. I remember my dentist, who is a "foodie," telling me not long ago that he had been there, and he thought it was excellent. It certainly continues to be very popular.

The brothers have updated their menu quite nicely in recent years. One recent development that did dissapoint was that they discontinued lunch in the past year. They used to serve a very reasonable lunch menu that had dishes comparable to their dinner fare for like 12.99 to 14.99 for an entree. Don't know why they stopped it other than they must have been losing money.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

I remember my dentist, who is a "foodie," telling me not long ago that he had been there, and he thought it was excellent.  It certainly continues to be very popular.

That's funny, because my dentist is a foodie, too. And he gives me reviews while my mouth is wide open and he's poking around with sharp implements!