• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rustwood

rustwood

10 hours ago, Barrytm said:

If you can afford the Blackstone, http://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-1575-Outdoor-Pizza-Oven/dp/B00CELFJ4A?ie=UTF8&keywords=blackstone%20pizza&qid=1462238090&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1  and have the space to use it outside,  that would be the way to go, it gets mostly positive reviews on pizzamaking.com.

Recognizing that this may not be an option for Franci right now, I recommend the Blackstone for anyone else who might be considering it.  After years of trying other methods, it worked so well for me that for the first month or two I got a little giddy whenever I used it.  I am still working on how to get the very best results with various doughs/recipes, but it doesn't take long to learn how to turn out pizzas that are much better than what you can typically make in an oven or grill.

rustwood

rustwood

10 hours ago, Barrytm said:

If you can afford the Blackstone, http://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-1575-Outdoor-Pizza-Oven/dp/B00CELFJ4A?ie=UTF8&keywords=blackstone%20pizza&qid=1462238090&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1  and have the space to use it outside,  that would be the way to go, it gets mostly positive reviews on pizzamaking.com.

Recognizing that this may not be an option for Franci right now, I recommend the Blackstone for anyone else who might be considering it.  After years of trying other methods, it works so well that for the first month or two I got a little giddy whenever I used it.  I am still working on how to get the very best results with various doughs/recipes, but it doesn't take long to learn how to turn out pizzas that are much better than what you can typically make in an oven or grill.